|Сообщений:|| 2001|| создано: 16/08/2015 @ 07:26
Ukrainian forces continue shelling of Gorlovka, other settlements
August 16, 0:46 updated at: August 16, 1:17 UTC+3
MOSCOW, August 16. /TASS/. Ukrainian forces resumed artillery shelling of the town of Gorlovka in the evening on Saturday, the administration told Donetsk News Agency on Sunday.
"The artillery shelling of the town is underway now. According to preliminary reports, the town is shelled from heavy weaponry from the Artemovsky district. Explosions are heard," the administration said.
No information is yet available on whether anyone was injured in the shelling.
It was reported earlier that Gorlovka was intensively shelled at night on Thursday and Friday. One civilian was killed and three more were injured in the shelling. Head of the town administration Roman Khramenkov said that "yesterday and in the morning today six-eight shelf of 152mm caliber hit the 88th section."
Frontline settlements of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) are also subject to continuous shelling. Head of the administration of Novoazovsky district Anatoly Yanovsky told Donetsk News Agency that "gunfire is heard all day in the Bezymenny settlement, while explosions are also heard near the settlements of Krasnoarmeyskoye, Oktyabrskoye, Primorskoye." He added that the settlements were shelled from Mariupol.
"There is no information yet about victims or damages, but it is impossible to reach people because of problems with cellphone connection," Yanovsky noted. He said that residents of the settlements that came under fire are leaving their houses and moving to safer parts of DPR.
Earlier today, head of the Sakhansk administration told Donetsk News Agency that Ukrainian forces shelled the settlements of Sakhanka and Kominternovo at the frontline of the Novoazovksy district.
Gorlovka became one of the "hot spots" at the contact line in Donbass. Shellings there are registered almost daily, primarily during nighttime. According to the town administration, 164 civilians were killed and 500 more were injured in shellings from January until July in 2015.
Frontline settlements of the Novoazovsky district are also subject to continuous shellings of the Kiev forces. As of August 3, 13 civilians were killed and 33 more were injured in shellings since the beginning of the year. Around 300 families were left homeless, while around 600 residential houses were damaged or destroyed.
Ukrainian forces shell Donetsk, Makeevka
Ukrainian forces shelled Donetsk and Makeevka in the evening on Saturday, Donetsk authorities told Donetsk News Agency on Sunday.
"Kuybyshevsky and Kievsky district came under fire. Mortars of 120mm caliber were used [by Ukrainian forces]. Information on damages and victims is being verified," Donetsk Mayor Igor Martynov said.
It was reported that at least two people were injured in the Kuybyshevsky district. According to Donetsk News Agency, "loud cannonade can be hears in different parts of the city now."
Press secretary of the Makeevka Mayor’s Office Anna Osinsksaya the town is also being shelled from mortars. "Several hours ago, Makeevka was shelled from Grad [multiple rocket launcher systems], now Ukrainian forces are using mortars. Cannonade can be heard across the town. Information on damage and victims is being verified," Osinskaya said.
Minsk agreements on Ukraine
Ceasefire is envisaged by the Minsk agreements on the settlements of the situation in Ukraine. The Minsk accords were signed on February 12, after negotiations in the so-called "Normandy format" in the Belarusian capital Minsk, bringing together Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko.
The Minsk accords also envisage weaponry withdrawal, prisoner exchange, local elections in Donbass, constitutional reform in Ukraine and establishing working sub-groups on security, political, economy and humanitarian components of the Minsk accords.
The Ukrainian forces and the self-defense forces of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk republics have repeatedly accused each other of violating ceasefire and other points of the Minsk agreements.
|Сообщений:|| 200|| создано: 13/10/2015 @ 16:19
Russian missile maker hands over data of first field experiment to MH17 commission
October 13, 12:30 UTC+3
Missile fragments in bodies of MH17 passengers would confirm the version of the arms manufacturer
MOSCOW, October 13. /TASS/. Russia's arms manufacturer Almaz-Antey has handed over to the international commission on the investigation of the MH17 air crash the documents on the first stage of the field experiment, but the corporation’s findings have been ignored in the preliminary report, the company’s head Yan Novikov said on Tuesday.
"In August we handed over the documents on the first stage of the experiment to the commission, but that was again ignored in the preliminary report," he said.
"We were prepared to provide both experimental procedure and techniques, but we were told ‘Thank you very much’, and that was the end of it," adviser to the corporation’s chief designer Mikahil Malyshevsky noted.
According to him, Almaz-Antey conducted the second stage of the experiment after the commission’s experts expressed doubts that the striking elements would leave the same punctures in the aircraft fuselage.
Novikov added that Almaz-Antey was ready to hand over all research data to the international commission on the investigation of the MH17 air crash and the European court reviewing the corporation’s lawsuit on the unlawful nature of the sanctions imposed on it. According to Almaz-Antey's general director, the sanctions were the main reason for the investigation conducted by the corporation.
Missile fragments in bodies of MH17 passengers would confirm Almaz-Antey version
According to Malyshevsky, should any fragments of the surface-to-air missile be found in the bodies of MH17 flight passengers and their luggage, this will confirm the Almaz-Antey version of the air disaster.
"If it is confirmed that fragments hit not only the crew, but also flight attendants and passengers, there will emerge another piece of evidence proving our version the fragments were moving along the plane’s fuselage. If fragments are discovered in the luggage, too, that would be another piece of evidence pointing in the same direction," he said.
Striking elements of missile damage aircraft’s cockpit and wing
The advisor also noted that analysis of photographs supplied by the commission on investigating MH17 crash in east Ukraine last year showed that both the cockpit of the plane and its wing with the left stabilizer were damaged.
"On the basis of the analysis of all elements, we came to a conclusion that the majority of striking elements was moving along the plane’s fuselage. The wing and part of the left stabilizer also have damages, the sizes of which allow to establish that they were inflicted by striking elements of the missile fired from a Buk system," Malyshevsky said.
Ukraine had 502 9M38 missiles in 2005, now their number is unknown
According to the company's CEO, Almaz-Antey Concern has documentary proof that Ukraine in 2005 had a total of 502 9M38 missiles, however, it is unknown how many such missiles are in Kiev's possession at present.
"We said in a presentation on June 2 that the concern had been involved in 2005 in the pre-contract work to assess the possibility of renewing the Ukrainian army’s missiles. The contract had not been concluded then, but we still have the examination certificates. There were about 991 9M28M1 missiles [in the Ukrainian army], and there were 502 older missiles - 9M38 in Ukraine then. However, we don’t know their present number," Novikov said.